Kendi Burness-Cowan - To get the most from your content, you need the right material in the right channel at the right time. Here's our top five to help you get it right.
- Understand the impact of content vs advertising. Studies show only 14% of people remember the last ad they saw. Just 8% remember the product or brand and less than 3% find the ad relevant.
- Recognise the value of good content. Only 17% of marketers think that thought leadership delivers – but 37% of business decision makers see good value in it. And they’re right. 73% of all marketing qualified leads on LinkedIn are driven by content.
- Know what people want. Even on the ‘serious’ business platform LinkedIn, funny or entertaining content is the most shared by Aussie audiences. Make it relevant, but make it interesting.
- Put your money where your mouth is. You just can’t get good results any more without boosting. LinkedIn suggests spending nine times as much promoting your content as you do creating it (but they would say that – we think you can get results without spending quite so much, but the lesson remains).
- Optimise your content. This is so important and so often overlooked. Test different headlines and different images and go with what works best (light images and pics with people in them perform better than other images).
*Statistics via LinkedIn