Sometimes it’s good to get away from the day to day and focus on your own team. Here are a few of our favourite ideas for getting out of the grind and adding a bit of zing to the atmosphere.
- Name each other’s superpowers. This is a great team building exercise we like to do from time to time. It’s a bit of fun, it’s a nice way to remind us all of how much we value our colleagues and it usually unearths some secret skills.
- Introduce walking meetings. We did our latest Superpowers review while pounding the pavement. Getting out of the office means getting away from distractions and the change of scenery really promotes creativity. Speaking of which…
- Do something creative as a team. Make a video, update your web profiles, paint a mural on the office wall (okay, maybe not that one). Creativity breeds creativity.
- Get visual. Ditch the computer in favour of the whiteboard or pen and paper. It can be really engaging to convey ideas in a new way and it’s great for collaboration.
- Change it up. Stand up instead of sitting down. Purge the junk from your desk. Move workstations. Simple but effective!
What are you planning to do in the new year to get things off to a punchy start?