The Australian Twitter Trends report, recently released by the platform, has found that among the billions of comments and conversations on Twitter, there are six topic themes that stand out – and if you want to create engaging content, you should be working on matching it up with at least a few of those themes. Here they are:
- Wellbeing – there’s been 48% growth year-on-year in tweets about mental health, social empathy and self-care.
- Content creation – discussions about, by, for and with creators. Tweets from aspiring creators are up 125%
- Everyday wonder – topics that express people’s fascination with the world, like spirituality.
- Sustainability – there’s a massive upswing in tweets about sustainability, particularly around environmental urgency (66%). Popular topics include farm-to-table, renewable energy and sustainable packaging.
- Technology – a 54% increase in tweets about the intersection between tech and life, and emerging conversations around tech ethics, ecommerce and online delivery.
- Identity – diversity, inclusion and representation are hot topics, with tweets about representation up 45% and tweets about ‘standing for something’ up 90%
Want to know more about how to leverage these key trends, which hashtags to use and how to align trends with your core goals? Give us a call!