So, you know blogs are great for your website’s SEO? Tick. And you know a newsletter, or EDM, is a great way to connect your blogs with your target audience? Tick.
But how do you increase that all important EDM open rate? How do you get more of your audience actually reading your content? It varies by industry, but ideally your open rate should be higher than average, which is 23%.
Here are 6 ways to get your EDM noticed
- Frequency - Consistency with newsletters is important. Send them too often and you can be seen as spamming, send them sporadically and you can be forgotten. Find that happy medium and stick to your schedule.
- Great subject lines - Good subject lines cut through the quagmire of emails and get you noticed. Great headlines say what the blog is about and get people interested. And be wary of spammy words like WIN and FREE. There’s a lot of free headline tools online that can be useful.
- Vary blog length - We’re all busy, so give people a mix of blogs of different lengths to choose from. Listicles and infographics are particularly “snackable” – like this one!
- Add value - If your content is useful or interesting (hopefully both) you give people a reason to look at your content. Industry insights, tips or thought leadership pieces all work well.
- Get personal - Your audience wants to know more about you. Really. Our most popular blogs are often the ones about our team. So don’t be scared to open the door to your brand.
- Look good - Invest in a good newsletter template that looks good and is easy to read – particularly on mobile.
Still need help? Talk to HC today about developing or enhancing your newsletter.